Are you self-motivated and looking to make a difference in your community?
Join ZapCarbon’s award-winning team and help thousands of households in the UK cut their bills.
You will be able to help put real money back in family’s pockets, by helping residents better understand how to control the running cost of their home. You will be given training to become a Domestic Energy Expert, get Water Smart training, as well as EnergySure certified. Thereafter, acting as an Energy Expert, you will have the skills and advice to help residents cut their energy, gas and water usage in their homes.
In doing so you will be not only helping residents struggling with fuel poverty, but making the UK more energy efficient in a major way. If you care about the environment and people, you couldn’t ask for a better opportunity for making a difference.
ZapCarbon are working in a coordinated scheme with our clients, to deliver bespoke Energy Advice, Water Saving devices and Water Smart advice. The aims are to promote household energy efficiency, to examine savings potential from switching energy supply and to assist residents with energy and water benefit schemes.
The role is to visit our client’s residents and deliver bespoke home heating advice, appliance knowledge, energy awareness and money-saving tips. Part of the visit will involve install water-saving products and give Water Smart Advice.
During your home visits you will also introduce residents onto an award-winning on-going advice & support programme offered by the ZapCarbon Care Team.
To become a ZapCarbon Energy Expert you’ll receive an in-depth eight-day training program including the following:
- Rapport building with residents
- Property assessment, identification of issues – eg: insulation requirements, damp and condensation
- Domestic heating systems and controls
- Domestic appliance energy efficiency training
- Personal protective equipment & Dynamic Risk Assessments training
- Training in government scheme assessment
- Asbestos awareness
- EnergySure code of practice for face to face energy market sales
- Water Smart education and install training on water-saving devices
We are looking for people with a personable, outgoing attitude with excellent face-to-face communication skills. Being able to build rapport at all levels and network within the community is a strong advantage in this role. You must have computer literacy skills.
The position would suit people with experience or an interest in energy saving. Experience of home visits, domestic energy market, domestic energy assessments, surveying for or installing domestic energy efficiency products would be a distinct advantage.
Many of our team have one or more of the following qualifications: Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) and Green Deal Advisor (GDA) City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Energy Awareness 6281-01 or 6176 qualification – however, lack of certain qualifications is not a show-stopper if you can demonstrate the right attitude and an appetite for learning.
As part of the role you would be required to:
- Initiate introductions to our client’s residents following client-led awareness and lettering campaign
- Network within the wider community
- Build relationships with our client’s community support workers and community leaders
- Delivery multi-faceted bespoke Domestic Energy Awareness visits
- Installation of energy and water saving products
- Record visit details to assist in on-going support
- Promote ongoing support
- Be EnergySure Compliant; explain Energy Plans and understand and resolve objections
- Complete Domestic Energy contracts
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading company tutorials and professional publications
- Assist with developing product and service delivery
- Work as part of a team
- Complete daily reporting
The role can be flexible depending on your requirements. It can on a full-time basis or a 2-3 days / week part-time basis. Remuneration will consist of commission based on reaching certain targets of making successful homes visits and fixed fees for installing products.
To apply please contact
ZapCarbon.com | Jonathan Haslam
Office 08450 523 682 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org